Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mighty & Morphin

I traveled southward to West Hollywood (or as the gays call it WeHo) for Halloween 2013.  Even though I'm not a fan of dressing up I have to say its become a yearly tradition due to the simple fact its just more fun in LA (and its nice to know I won't get shot or stabbed).  WeHo puts on a fabulous street festival that features several stages with DJs and special guests who perform throughout the night.  The costumes are also a bit more creative (well a better word would be revealing) than those one would see in San Francisco. Warmers temperatures in SoCal make the famous line from Mean Girls: "In girl world, Halloween is one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it" a reality.   Fortunately LA has its share of hot gay men where slutty outfits are actually aesthetically pleasing.   I'm glad I was able to drag my best friends Joel and Devin down with me.  I think I remember one of them saying "Halloween is definitely more fun in LA".

Mission accomplished.


*A special thank you to Shawn and Joey for always being such gracious hosts when I visit LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment